Right to Information
RTI Proactive Disclosure under Section 4(1)(b) of the RTI Act
When did it come into force?
It came into force on the 12th October, 2005 (120th day of its enactment on 15th June, 2005). obligations of public authorities [S.4(1)], designation of Public Information Officers and Assistant Public Information Officers[S.5(1) and 5(2)], constitution of Central Information Commission (S.12 and 13), constitution of State Information Commission (S.15 and 16), non-applicability of the Act to Intelligence and Security Organizations (S.24) and power to make rules to carry out the provisions of the Act (S.27 and 28).
Who is covered?
The Act extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir. [S.(12)]
What does information mean?
Information means any material in any form including records, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force but does not include “file nothings” [S.2(f)].
What does Right to Information mean?
It includes the right to
- Inspect works, documents, records.
- Take notes, extracts or certified copies of documents or records.
- Take certified samples of material.
- Obtain information in form of printouts, diskettes, floppies, tapes, video cassettes or in any other electronic mode or through printouts.[S.2(j)]
Fees to be Paid
Fees to be charged by Bihar Agricultural University has been fixed in accordance with the decision of the Govt. of Bihar as under
- Application fee of Rs. 10/- in the form of cash, DD, Bankers Cheque, IPO, Non Judicial Stamp.
- Information fee Rs. 2/- per page / Rs. 50/- CD / Floppy / no fee for inspection for one hour, after that Rs. 5/- for every 15 min. or part thereof.